The Heritage Belle Program
The Heritage Belle Program is an important part of the Heritage Society of Washington County. The purpose of the program is to involve local youth in our rich heritage and to employ their assistance in educating others.
The program enriches the lives of each Belle by giving them a unique learning experience and life-long memories. Belles are shown an important historical perspective of our community as well as the lifestyles of our forefathers. They are taught to communicate historical stories to audiences with grace and dignity. Through service to their community, Belles develop poise and self-confidence while having fun together.
All high school girls in Washington County are invited to join the Heritage Belle Program. A membership meeting is held each fall, typically in early September; announcements are made in area high schools and on this website. Once accepted, each Belle must comply with guidelines for conduct, appearance, attendance and membership dues as set forth by the Heritage Society of Washington County.
Applicants or current Belles may access Heritage Belle Program Documentation here.
Heritage Belles dress in the attire of 19th century society. Their activities include:
- Training for etiquette and docent duty
- Serving as docents in historic home tours
- Decorating historical homes for seasonal events
- Serving at Heritage Society functions
- Recruiting sponsors to provide auction items for the annual Gala
- Senior Belles receive dance lessons with their fathers and are honored at the annual Gala
Some of the above activities include the Belles’ mothers or sponsors, bringing opportunities for mutual enjoyment.
Heritage Belle Program Documentation
- Please contact us for additional information regarding the Heritage Belle Program.